This document is about version numbers for Azul Zulu Builds of OpenJDK only. Version numbers for Azul Zulu Prime Builds of OpenJDK (formerly Zing) are handled differently.
Prior to the January 2021 release, the "build number" component of version numbers within the same update release could differ, as builds for some platforms worked from different version number schemas. As of January 2021, all Azul Zulu Builds of OpenJDK version numbers within an update release have a consistent meaning, and adhere to the patterns defined here.
Prior to the April 2021 release, the correlation of Odd and Even for PSU and CPU differed for Java versions 11 and up.
Note: The version number schema is subject to change from time to time. Please take care not to make assumptions based on the version numbers. When in doubt, check the release notes, or contact Azul Support for clarification.
If you have specific questions about earlier version numbers, see the related release notes or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any remaining questions.
- XX - major version of Zulu
- YY - minor version aka update release version
- even numbers mean PSU
- odd numbers mean CPU
- BB - build number
- even numbers mean SA (Subscriber Access) bundle
- odd numbers mean CA (Community Access) or NV (Non-Verified) bundle
- BB <= 50 means regular Update release bundles (Intermediate, Release Candidates, GAs (General Availability) including respins)
- 51 <= BB < 1000 means BPR (Bundled Patch Release) bundles
- 1000 <= BB means FVB (Fix Verification Bundle)
- 188.8.131.52 - Zulu 8, CPU, SA Regular (GA)
- 184.108.40.206 - Zulu 8, PSU, CA Regular (GA)
- 220.127.116.11 - Zulu 8, PSU, CA Regular (GA) - respin
- 18.104.22.1688 - Zulu 8, PSU based, SA FVB
- 11.45.22 - Zulu 11, PSU, SA Regular (GA)
- 13.34.15 - Zulu 13, CPU, CA Regular (GA)
- 15.33.54 - Zulu 15, PSU based BPR, SA
- 11.47.1004 - Zulu 11, PSU based FVB, SA
- What’s the difference between CA, SA, and NV bundles of Azul Zulu Builds of OpenJDK?
- Azul Terms Glossary