Zing supports Docker since ZVM 15.09.
As Zing consists of two components, the JVM itself (ZVM) and the Zing Systems Tools (ZST), one detail is important to note when using Zing on Docker:
In addition to the two installation packages ZVM and ZST a third one, the Container-ZST is required.
This Container-ZST is available on Zing Downloads for the licensed version of Zing in the section Docker Container.
Sample filename: zing-zst-7e.ForContainer-220.127.116.11.3.el5.x86_64.rpm
- Install the standard ZST package on the host operating system
(where you use the docker command to launch containers).
The ZVM package is not needed here and you don't need a license file here.
Documentation: Zing Installation and Configuration
- Add the following option to the start command (docker run ...) for your Docker container:
- Start the Docker container.
- Install the Container-ZST package inside the container.
- Install the standard ZVM package inside the container.
- Install the Zing license file to /etc/zing/license inside the container.
- Check for a successful installation by starting the Zing JVM inside the container:
Documentation reference: Zing Docker Installation